Welcome to CRB Monitor's quarterly newsletter. Are you a data nerd? Enjoy keeping up with the latest cannabis headlines? Or on the lookout for industry events to improve your institution’s approach to cannabis risk and compliance?
You’re in the right place.
There is no shortage of cannabis-banking industry news to digest. We hope what follows will help you reflect and strategize for what’s next.
Hashing Out the Truth
CRB Monitor’s database growth by the numbers.
Tier 1 Marijuana-Related Business Counts
Q4 Summary: 40,612 1A MRBs + 2,408 1B MRBs = 43,020 total
Marijuana Business Licenses Counts
Beneficial Owners Count
Beneficial Owners Defined: For beneficial owners, each economic owner or controlling person is classified into one or more categories based on his/her relationship to the linked CRB, including: (1) Owner/Investor; (2) Board Member; (3) Corporate Officer; (4) Executive; (5) Non-commercial Registered Agent; or (6) Senior Manager.
Recent speaking events and product launches with Steven Kemmerling, CRB Monitor Founder and CEO.
CRB Monitor Announces a New Data Partnership with Refinitiv Steve teamed up with Refinitiv's Holly Sais Phillippi, Head of Risk Proposition Sales, to host a product launch webinar on MRB Check.
CRB Monitor Announces a New Data Partnership with NICE Actimize Steve and NICE Actimize's Ted Sausen, AML Subject Matter Expert, hosted a product launch webinar on Better KYC: Tackling Risk Related to the Cannabis Industry.
Just the Facts
Articles from the CRB Monitor blog.
- The MORE Act Passes in the House: Challenges Still Lie Ahead for Marijuana Banking
- Why Screening for MRBs by Keyword Often Misses the Due Diligence Mark
- State Legalization of Cannabis: How Financial Institutions Can Stay Ahead of the Game
News of Note
- FDA details challenges, research gaps in regulating cannabis-derived products
- Aphria, Tilray To Form Cannabis Giant Amid U.S. Legalization Hopes
- FDA Warns Companies Illegally Selling CBD Products
- Canopy, Aphria cited for ‘critical’ cannabis regulatory breaches in 2018, new Health Canada report shows
- These States Are The Most Likely To Legalize Marijuana In 2021