Week of November 12 - 18, 2022
Do you love data and staying up to date with the latest cannabis-related headlines? Are you searching for industry news to inform your institution’s approach to cannabis risk and compliance?
You've come to the right place.
Hashing Out the Truth
CRB Monitor’s database growth by the numbers.
Tier 1 Marijuana-Related Business Counts
Weekly Summary (November 12 - 18, 2022): 63,531 1A MRBs + 3,572 1B MRBs = 67,103 total
Tier 1A Defined: Businesses in this tier literally touch the cannabis plant at some point along the supply chain from "seed-to-sale" and are generally licensed by a government agency or regulator. Effectively all of their actual or expected revenue is derived from the cultivation, production, testing or sale of cannabis.
Tier 1B Defined: CRB Monitor tiers businesses that have a financial or controlling interest in a Tier 1A CRB as "Tier 1B." CRB Monitor generally considers 1B businesses as seemingly unrelated businesses highlighted as red flags by FinCEN in its marijuana banking guidance and are similar in nature to individual beneficial owners.
Marijuana Business Licenses
Note: Inactive licenses, unlicensed, and unknown licenses have been excluded.
Beneficial Owners Count
Beneficial Owners Defined: For beneficial owners, each economic owner or controlling person is classified into one or more categories based on their relationship to the linked CRB including: (1) Owner/Investor, (2) Board Member, (3) Corporate Officer, (4) Executive, (5) Non-commercial Registered Agent or (6) Senior Manager.
News of Note
A selection of relevant cannabis-related news.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Michigan Regulators Suspend Cannabis Licensee, Issue Product Alert
- Pot Pill Co. Ordered To Pay $5M In SEC Fraud Suit
- In medical marijuana lawsuit involving Fort Smith cultivator, plaintiff says state in contempt of judge’s ruling
- 'Michigan regulators published a monthly marijuana business disciplinary action report.
Legalization & Regulation
- Missouri’s Adult-Use Cannabis Market Could Launch in February 2023
- Colorado Department of Agriculture Seeks Nominations for Agriculture Worker Member on Pesticide Advisory Committee
- Beshear to Make Medical Cannabis Announcement November 15
- Kentucky governor eases access to medical cannabis for state’s residents
- Budget 2023 | Sri Lanka to allow marijuana for exports? Tax on Beedi sticks to be hiked
- Bill to be introduced that would legalise personal use of cannabis
- Arizona regulators will begin accepting applications for nonprofit medical cannabis dispensary certificates on December 16.
- Social Equity Council reverses several cannabis application denials
- Medical Cannabis Operator Insa Announces Its Third Florida Dispensary in Tallahassee, Fla.
- Green Sentry Holdings Launches Sunburn Cannabis Brand and Dispensaries in Florida
- Sanctuary Cannabis Opens its Second Jacksonville Dispensary
- Northwest Missouri State University to Offer Cannabis Programs
- Illinois social equity cannabis grower receives $1M loan via new program
- Florida has new regulatory chief for state’s medical cannabis industry
- Cookies brand to start selling marijuana seeds for home grows, CEO Berner says
- Ascend Wellness Commences Adult-Use Sales at Fort Lee Dispensary